How to Pick a Driving School
We at Safestway Driving School would like to assist you in choosing a qualified driving school for driver training. Here are some things to consider when choosing a driving school:
1. Visit and tour the school facility.
2. Insist on a full-time driving school operation (owners should only be involved in the driving school business).
3. Look at the school's state licenses.
4. Automobiles used for instruction should be dual controlled, air conditioned, well maintained, and marked with the school name. In today's world you want to know that the person and auto picking up your son/daughter or yourself is an official driving school car and instructor.
5. Ask about the instructors' training program.
6. Ask about the hours the telephones are staffed with qualified service counselors (no answering machines).
7. Ask how much liability insurance the school carries. A minimum of $1,000,000* liability coverage to insure student & parent/guardian security.
8. Ask if the instructor from the school sent to teach your new driver is an employee of the school or an independent contractor. Some schools hire under the guise of independent contractors so that tax laws and the responsibilities of the school can be circumvented.
9. And finally, don't be fooled by low prices. This has never been a good indicator of quality or service.
If we can answer any other question for you, please call:
The ORIGINAL Safestway
1133 Bont Lane,
Walnut Creek, CA, 94596
See Areas Served
For your local Number